|Our Lady of Perpetual Help Chapel, Tai O|
Tai O is one of the mass centers of the Epiphany Parish in Mui Wo. Although the Catholic presence in Tai O dates back to the early 1920s, a Chapel dedicated to Our Lady of Perpetual Help was established only in the year 1937. The Chapel was part of the Fathima parish in Cheung Chau.
|The fishing village of Tai O|
In 1965, Tai O was separated from Fathima parish and was erected as independent parish with Our Lady of Perpetual Help Church as the parish centre. The diocese redesigned the parish territories in 1980 and Tai O became a mass centre of the Epiphany Parish in Mui Wo.
|The gathering on 2 January to celebrate Christmas and New Year|
Today the number of Catholics residing in Tai O are nominal, yet the old building of the Wing-Cho (Perpetual Help) school and the Chapel tell the stories of once flourishing faith in the predominantly fishing village. Many natives still remember the days when they were students of the Wing-Cho primary school.
|The New Year party!|
The parishioners of Mui Wo share great concern for the Tai O mass centre and join the monthly eucharistic celebrations, held on every first Saturday of the month. On 2 January, Saturday, a few parishioners of Mui Wo and pilgrims from Hong Kong joined the residents of Tai O to celebrate Christmas and New Year. Fr. Edward Yu from St. Benedict Church, Shatin officiated the liturgy. A tea party with some sharing and singing after the mass added colours to the celebrations.