In response to the Apostolic Exhortation of Pope Francis, The Joy of the Gospel, [Evangelii Gaudium ], The parish of Liu Xi Lin of the diocese of Taiyuan, in mainland China has declared the Year 2014 as the "Year of the Gospel". Read, study, transcribe, store, transmit, and live the gospel: these are the objectives that the proposed Year of the Gospel in the parish of Liu Xi Lin and this is an ideal continuation of the Year of Faith.
Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception - Diocese of Taiyuan
The parish drafted a framework to celebrate the Year of the Gospel 2014 and has issued the following instructions to the faithful:
- To read the Gospel every day, in all its forms (individual or community) to have a more complete understanding of Jesus and the faith to believe and to imitate Jesus.
- To study the Gospel in families, in the parish, in the group ... to learn to be his disciples.
- To transcribe the Gospel to burn in the minds and hearts.
- To reflect the Gospel, in order to help the faithful to enter into the life of Jesus to join him.
- To transmit the Gospel as it is the duty and responsibility of the baptized faithful, for this mission extends to all.
- To live the Gospel requires believers to put the gospel at the center of their lives, to become the light of the world and salt of the earth.