Sunday, March 01, 2009

Philippines a country beyond my imagination

My visit to Philippines was a fulfillment of another long cherished dream. When I was in the seminary I heard a lot about Philippines especially about Claretian Publications and other ministries that Claretians are being involved there. This time I could see something beyond which I have heard of and thought about Philippines. The rich catholic faith that they have and the rich culture and hospitality of the people.

I was invited to attend a seminar where there were 177 priests, 3 Bishops and around 50 lay people who participated in the 3 day seminar. The most inspiring part of the seminar was that we had a Holy Mass presided over by Cardinal Vidal and the fatherly love, care and concern that he showed towards the priests and the faithful touched me. On that day there were around 200 priests and 3 Bishops to concelebrate the Mass with Cardinal Vidal. For me it was the first time that I join for a Mass with so many priests, Bishops and Cardinal.

After the seminar I visited Manila where many Claretians live and work. I was really impressed by the work done by our missionaries. I was very much at home in Philippines and visited many houses and Institutions that we have there. I sincerely Thank all those who helped me to have this wonderful and marvelous experience in the Philippines.

Fr. Jojo (lower right) in Cebu, Philippines, with a group of participants
to the seminar from Hong Kong

No comments: